Jelby's is temporarily closed. I hope to re-open after the New Year and start taking orders. Please come back to visit!!

Monday, April 13, 2009

What's in a name, anyway?

Welcome to Jelby's! My name is Shannon Bankhead, and this is my new business adventure! Let me tell you a little about myself and how Jelby's got started.




This is my family. I'm married to a wonderful guy, Brad, and we have two girls. Mallory is 4 and Morgan is 3. Baby #3 is on his/her way at the end of April! I used to work as an RN, but for now I'm staying home with my girls and am thankful to do so!!


I first began making burpies for my sister-in-law, who was expecting our first niece, Julia. Jason and Jenn kept her name a secret, but did give us a hint with her initials, JLB. It was my creative mother-in-law who came up with the nickname "Jelby". This baby had to have a name for the 5 months while we waited to see her face!

So, as I embark on this new and exciting phase in my life, I am honoring the person that it all began with. I am only sorry that I didn't have the "expertise" that I do now!!! That first set of burpies was quite an eye sore. Lots of fraying, very simple flannel, no embellishments at all. I've come a long way in the 4+ years I've been making them!